20 May 2021, London – The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (the Association), representing AICPA & CIMA, announced the first-ever winners of the ENGAGE EUROPE Finance Awards in a virtual ceremony on 19 May 2021.
Sponsored by IBM Watson and Emburse Certify, the ENGAGE EUROPE Finance Awards celebrate the achievements of AICPA’s & CIMA’s students, members and partners across Europe. They put the spotlight on individuals and teams who have done outstanding work to enhance the accounting and finance profession and build its future.
Nick Jackson, FCMA, CGMA, CIMA President, said: “It is an honour to recognise and congratulate the first-ever winners of the ENGAGE EUROPE Finance Awards. These members, students and partners go above and beyond to champion responsible finance, enhance individuals’ careers and keep management accountants at the forefront of business and finance.”
The ENGAGE EUROPE Finance Awards winners for 2021 are:
- Student of the Year: Khalid Ali – Senior Financial Project Coordinator, Ramboll UK. This award recognises a part-qualified CIMA student who has demonstrated exceptional initiative in a project or programme, and outperformed their peers.
- Tutor of the Year: Jamie Bacon – Head of CIMA Programme, BPP Professional Education. This award recognises a CIMA tutor who has gone the extra mile to help students succeed, acknowledging and celebrating their support of individual learners to develop and progress.
- Finance Business Leader of the Year: Richard O’Donnell – Financial Controller, Dunelm Optical. This award recognises finance business leaders who have demonstrated a legacy of delivering transformation, leadership, and an outstanding performance, adding significant value to their organisation.
- Responsible Finance Team of The Year: Evergreen Garden Care. This award recognises finance teams and organisations which embedded social, environmental, and economic responsibilities into their strategy.
- Finance Transformation Project of the Year: Restructuring Programme – “Turning a Negative into Positive”, Rolls-Royce. This award recognises finance teams that have successfully delivered and implemented activities that led to the advancement of their organisation and/or achieved fast growth.
The ENGAGE EUROPE Finance Awards event is part of the first-ever ENGAGE EUROPE conference, a two-day learning and networking virtual event for accounting and finance professionals across Europe, taking place on 19 and 20 May.
For more information about the awards, please visit the ENGAGE EUROPE Finance Awards webpage.