Association of International Certified Professional Accountants: Helping you go beyond in your career
We are living in an era of unprecedented change. A McKinsey Global Institute report estimates that change is happening 10 times faster and at 300 times the scale today than it was during the Industrial Revolution – one of the greatest periods of change in human history.
To thrive in this new world, we must go beyond our comfort zones, leveraging new technologies, new ways of working, and new skills and competencies required for the future.
Over the last year, the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (the Association), the new global organisation formed by members of The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants® (CIMA) and the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), has been working to help you meet the rapidly changing needs of business. We’re here to make sure you have everything you need to go beyond in your career – to see more, to be more, to achieve more.
As a reminder, CIMA members have automatic dual membership to the Association. This means you have access to even more tools, resources and insights designed to help you get ahead – and stay ahead.
Here are a few of the ways we’re helping you do that:
Fueling your expertise
In response to our changing digital world, the Association is reimagining the way members and next-generation professionals are learning. We’re developing leading-edge solutions and programmes that allow members to develop the skills and competencies required for the future.
Charting your future
Around the world, management accountants are providing the critical insights and strategic guidance to help organisations make better business decisions. Whether you’ve taken the first step in the CIMA qualification or have been awarded your ACMA or FCMA and CGMA
, you are signalling a global benchmark of quality and competence that employers recognise. And with the added strength and global reach of the Association, you are benefiting from even more promotion of your designations to employers and expanded resources to help you advance your career.
- Our Salary Insights tool includes global research on future income potential to help you chart your next career move.
- Our CIMA job boards are updated regularly to bring you the most relevant career opportunities in Africa and around the world.
- We’re continuing to elevate awareness of the ACMA, FCMA and CGMA
designations to finance leaders in Africa. Through our continued efforts, employers such as Grant Thornton, MVA Fund Botswana, Execution Edge Limited, BancABC, and Barloworld Equipment SA, British American Tobacco recognise the value these designation holders bring to business and support hiring and upskilling finance staff with the ACMA, FCMA and CGMA®
- The Association continues to broaden the CGMA® footprint in Africa, allowing more students the opportunity to achieve the CGMA® designation, thereby offering new career possibilities for the next generation.
Keeping you in the know
In the new business landscape, finance is expected to play an even greater role in developing organisational strategy and managing business performance. We’re continuously delivering leading-edge insights and tools to help you stay on the pulse of new and emerging business trends.
- Our extensive research into the future of finance provides expert insights on what tomorrow’s finance function will look like and what finance professionals need to do to prepare for it. This research will also inform a refresh of the CIMA syllabus and the CGMA Competency Framework that will feed into continuing professional development (CPD) for members.
- Our new Cybersecurity Resource Centre includes a new risk reporting framework and tool to help you advise your organisation or clients in this critical area.
- The just-released CGMA Sustainability Guide shares guidance on how you can take the lead on sustainability at your own organisation.
- And, insights from our research on business model transformation will help you better understand how to protect your organisation from risk.
Enhancing your experience
Your needs are at the centre of everything we do. We’re leveraging new technologies to deliver you what you need, when you need it.
- We launched a new daily newsletter, CGMA Advantage, to offer you a quick snapshot of CGMA exclusive resources, the most important news and issues for management accountants, and more.
- We recently unveiled a new mobile-friendly website for our highly regarded FM Magazine so you can now access print issue content in an easy-to-access digital form. FM’s new economic calendar and global market updates will also help you stay on top of change.
- And we’ve introduced a chatbot on our CIMA Africa Facebook page to help you get immediate answers on some of our most frequently asked questions. Of course, our staff advisers are always available if you need additional assistance.
Helping you go beyond
The importance of ethics, integrity and professionalism have always underpinned management accountants’ work. As CIMA approaches its 100th anniversary, these foundations are further bolstered by the Association. Combined with your ability to lead change, we help drive trust, create opportunities and deliver prosperity – for individuals, businesses and communities across the world. Now, more than ever, is the time for us all to go beyond. Go there with us.
To access more tools, resources and insights to help you go beyond in your career, visit www.aicpa-cima.com/extraordinarytimes.